Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Quadzilla

Had an awesome session in the 40/80 game at Oceans-11 last night. After getting buried 2 racks in, I rebuy another 2 racks and proceed to run over the game, cashing out 7+ racks total.

I made quad 8's on the following hand.

Charlie open-raises in MP, Ron 3-bets next up, folded to me on the button, I flat call with pocket eights, blinds call, 5-ways to the flop for 15 small bets. Flop comes AA5, two spades. Checked to Ron who bets, I raise, folded to Charlie who calls, Ron calls. 21 small bets in the pot. My raise on the flop, is to charge the flush draws, and if Ron has something like pocket kings or pocket queens, I may get him to make an incorrect lay down. Likely, he has an ace, and is going to slow-play it once I raise. Ron loves to slow play his big hands, which I will never understand. I have like 10% equity in the pot, so if by raising I can get a free river I can get two shots to hit my full-house, and with 21 small bets, it's worth the high variance play. Plus if I hit, I am going to get max action, especially if the 8s comes off completing the flush on the turn. In any case, turn is the 8c. Checked to me, I bet, Charlie folds, Ron check-raises, I 3-town it, Ron calls. 16.5 big bets in the pot now. River is the last 8 in the deck, and now Ron leads into me with his aces full of eights, I raise of course, and he calls. I announce quadzilla, and Ron flashes his ace-king and mucks furiously. 20.5 big bets is the final pot size! Horribly played by Ron. And this was just after I cracked his pocket aces with my 74 suited! He played that hand bad too. I think Ron now hates me.

No comments: