Sunday, August 17, 2008

Home Game

Got invited to a home game/tourney tonight. The tournament was a 100$ buy-in with 78 players, with 1st place getting 50% of the prize pool. I was doing fine, had a little above the chip average when I busted out. My bust-out hand was the following: I limped in the small blind with 7h4h, 5 players took a flop of 74t. Checked around to middle position who bet 800 (minimum bet, blinds were 400 and 800). I checked raised all-in for 5600 total. She hemmed and hawed, and finally called with JsTs. She of course hits a ten on the river to knock me out. Fortunately, for me she knocked me out! I got into a 5-5 blind max $300 buy-in no-limit cash game that was running. I made $1500 playing this game in like 5 hours! The players were absolutely horrible. Other than a couple of people at the table other than myself, these people had no-clue had to play holdem, let alone no-limit holdem, where I was stacking people left and right playing literally any two cards if there was no raise preflop (which often there wasn't). It was like guys, just give me your money, it would be quicker and less painful for all involved that way. Hope I get an invite next year!

No comments: