Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Update

Life is going well.  Law school is keeping me extremely busy.  First quarter of the year is almost in the books.  I think I will get one more poker session before the quarter ends this Friday.  I've been looking over my limit holdem results for year to date, here are the raw stats:

Big Bets Won : 240.8417
Total Hours Played : 124.9167
Weighted Hourly Big Bet : 72.2962
Big Bets / Hour : 1.928019

So overall, not bad stats for a little over 100 hours.  In reality, it doesn't mean much.  It's such a small sample size, and in terms of actual dollars I'm not actually winning all that much due to one bad 75/150 session.  And of course in terms of dollar amounts, that one bad 75/150 session dominates the actual dollar results, but in terms of the overall statistics doesn't have that large of an effect.  C'est la vie.

Things will get interesting as we move into the home stretch of this semester.  During the month of April, I should be able to get some more significant hours in, but once May hits and finals start, I'll be pretty much out of action.  And then I start my summer job on May 27.  That runs for 10 weeks until August 1, and then a few weeks off before the fall semester starts again on August 25.

Will the game survive my absence?  I certainly hope so.  If not, I'd better get my fair share before it dries up any more than it already has.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your job is in la?
Will there be regular commerce stops?

WackyPoker said...

I had 3 job offers for the summer. One in LA and two in San Diego. I decided to take one of the San Diego job offers. So no regular Commerce visits, which is probably a good thing, as a) whenever I go there I lose, and b) the overall general slimy feel of the place makes my skin crawl.

Anonymous said...

How's life?

WackyPoker said...

Law School Final Exams. Enough Said.

Anonymous said...

Finals go well?
Internship start soon? Anything worthwhile updating?

Anonymous said...

Any vegas time during internship this summer?
1/2 and 40 have been great at Bellagio this far.
Hope the job is going well.

Odeng