Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Vegas Day 2

After getting a minimal amount of sleep, I roll out of bed and go through the rinse cycle and get out of the room to avoid disturbing my room mate.  Even though we have a 2-bedroom suite, and technically it's my room, I still wanted to be courteous as possible.

I roll downstairs put in a small losing craps session, when my buddy finally stirs.  We head over and have breakfast at the cafe.  There's a reason I will only eat breakfast at the cafe.  It's usually pretty hard to screw up breakfast.  After a nondescript meal and some mediocre service, we will about before sitting down and playing the IGT heads up machine.  I put in $500, run it up to around $750, swing back down to $555, when I have to relieve myself.  I tell my buddy to play, as he was just watching trying to get a feel for it.

I arrive back and he's run it up to over $850 in the matter of a few minutes.  I tell him to just keep playing, and 10 minutes later we're cashing out for 1045.  I give him 245 for his share, just to say thanks.  After this we roll into high limit lounge Carta Privada for some blackjack action.  I am extremely tired and on a whim ask the pit boss if that's a house phone in the middle of the pit that I can borrow.  He says sure, and I book a 2pm massage at the Aria Spa.

We split up around 1:10 or so, with my roommate wanting to check out the pool and take care of some business.  I show up at the spa around 1:15 or so, relax a bit, and get a nice 50 minute Swedish massage from an attractive Asian miss, named Mai.  This is definitely the way to go, I've decided.  Normally I get a massage the day of my arrival, but this massage was so much better after already been on the Vegas experience for over 24 hours.

After showering and heading back to the room, I run into the bachelor and the best-man on their way out to the pool.  So I join up with them, and hang at the pool for a little bit.

My roomie and I decided we had enough of the pool experience, so we head on back up to our room.  I change out of my beach attire, and he decides to take a nap.  At this point I am hungry, but it's late in the afternoon, so I know I shouldn't eat a ton, considering we have a group dinner at Mesa Grill at 8:45.  So I decided to grab a bowl of soup at LemonGrass.


I talked with Tony the Italian bartender for a bit over slurping down my soup.  Then I hit the craps tables before dinner.  I'm humming along going up and down as one should, when my roomie finally arises from his nap and asks where I am.  I let him know and he shows up and buys in.  At about 7:25pm, the dice have come me to as it appears the table is cooling off, and I say, well we don't need to meet the others until 8:00, and it's not even 7:30, so I guess we have time for one more roll.  3 minutes later, I have seven-out and the dice pass to him.  I look at my watch and say, well now it's only 7:28, so we still have time.

He then proceeds to go on a humongous heater.  He bought in $500 and cashed out $4000.  I made another 20k+ score.  I told him, honestly, I don't really mind missing dinner.  All good things must come to an end however and at about 8:05 we head up to the bachelor's room, AKA party central.



As to be expected after more than 24+ hours in Vegas with a group of 16 guys, getting anything organized is just not happening.  Most everyone is some combination of drunk, hungover, high, crashing, baked, or sleep deprived.  Eventually mostly everyone shows up, but at this point it's too late to actually walk over to Caesar's Palace so we split up into 4 cabs and try to reorganize and meet over there.  As expected, big gigantic huge fail.

I think we finally got seated at the restaurant at around 9:15pm, only 30 minutes later than our actual reservation.  I must say that I was severely disappointed with just about everything at this establishment, with the exception of the shrimp corn tamale.  That was excellent, everything else from the ambiance, waiters, service, and food was nothing better than mediocre.  I did grab a peek at the regular menu and it appeared to have some good items on it, so I might be tempted to come back with the wife some day.

After dinner we walked back to Aria in the 85+ degree heat in the night, stopping by the Bellagio fountain show to watch for a bit and take a group picture.  We head back to Party Central and I break out the Cuban Cigars I have for everyone and we start smoking up a storm in the no-smoking executive suite that Cecil booked.  By the time I showed up to the room, Cecil had already booted and was looking much the worse for the wear.

After smoking the stogie and having some good conversation, it was obvious that Cecil was about to pass out, and my roomie couldn't stand the smoke anymore, so we headed back down to get our gamble on with a couple others as well.

We played craps and I made a small 2k score, but we were playing with the most annoying, game-slowing, bring the pace of the game to a halt group of guys at the other end of the table.  $1 more on this bets, move this bet from here to there, no I didn't want that, etc, etc.  They had the dealers and the pit boss hating them and themselves.  After like an hour of this, I couldn't take it anymore and I rage quit.  I didn't think I could tilt from craps, but I learned something new.

My roomie didn't want to crash just yet as it was only 3am in the morning, so I said ok, let's play a real carnival game, and we stopped by an ultimate texas holdem table.  The players, play this game so absurdly bad it's insane.  I bought in 2k, my roomie broke down his 5k flag and we were off to the races.  We played about an hour, I doubled my buy-in, my friend got crushed for like 3500 or so, even though I was betting bigger than him.  He ran super-bad.  Flop a set, lose, top-top no good, two-pair no good, etc, etc.  It was pretty funny in my opinion.

I was extremely out of it at this point, and had stopped drinking at dinner, so I was completely ready to turn and so we did a little after 4am.

End of Day 2 in Las Vegas.

No comments: