Thursday, July 24, 2008

Book it!

Played the 20/40 last night. Finally booked a decent win of $1127. Could have been better, but I tried to bluff Troy twice and both times he had pocket kings, for top-set. One, he lost anyways when the SB flopped a straight. It was capped preflop and on the flop, I had pocket 9's. Flop was 345 rainbow. SB had 67o for a flopped straight. Turn came a king, Troy bet, I raised, Moke in the SB 3-town, Troy 4-bets, and I muck.

Later, I make a real steal raise with T4s from the cutoff, Troy 3-bets from the BB and we see a flop. I catch a pair (4's) and a flush draw. Turn is King, Troy bets, I raise, he 3-bets, I call. I blank on the river (plus it paired the board), he bets and I muck. He shows me his full house anyways.

So other than those and a few other disasters, I still managed to book a reasonable win! I won a huge pot with pocket kings that was about 1/2 my profit. 5-ways capped before the flop. Flop comes Q44. I bet, get called in 3 spots. Turn is a ten, Kay donks into me, I raised, fish on my left donates $80, Kay calls. River is a blank, I bet, fish folds, Kay pays off like a slot machine. QT no good, Kings up takes the pot!

No comments: