Friday, June 27, 2008

Straight Flush & Heads up with Wayne

I flopped a straight flush last night in the 20/40 game. I limped in with 67h. Flop came 345 all hearts. David T bet, Wayne raised, I called, David 3-bet, Wayne 4-bet, I called. Turn was 2h. check-check-bet-call-call. River was 3d. bet-call-raise-call-fold. David had Ah2d, for the 5 high straight flush. Wayne claims he had pocket 4's for a full house on the river. So close to a jackpot. In all my poker playing I have never had even a table share of a jackpot. Granted I don't play in jackpot eligible games very much, but I have put in a reasonable number of hours in the 8/16 and 20/40 in the past. David T needs to have A2h instead of Ah2d, or the river needs to pair the 4 instead of the 3. Oh well, eventually I will get a jackpot, it is a statistical certainty.

Eventually the game got short and Troy, Wayne, and myself were playing 3-handed. I was pounding on Troy, while Wayne was pounding on me. I prefer playing against Troy. Troy is actually a thinking player, while Wayne is still a 1st level thinker even heads-up. We eventually busted Troy and then Wayne and I played heads up for about an hour and a half. Wayne should be easy to play against, he never folds a pair, never folds any draw, even gutshots, never folds overcards, never folds his blind. Basically playing against Wayne heads-up is playing showdown poker, since he won't fold unless it's hopeless for him. I've had reasonable success playing Wayne heads up, this was our 3rd time. I may need to rethink my strategy on how to play Wayne heads up.

No comments: